• quick signup
  • quick login



For highly-qualified workers, the EU Blue Card is the permit of choice.

You must hold a university or college diploma from an educational programme that lasted three years or more. Alternatively you may prove your qualifications by showing at least five years of professional experience.

Assessment higher professional qualification:
Regulated positions: coordinates the Ministry of Education and Research according to the Acknowledgement of Foreign State Professional Qualification Act.
Unregulated position: assessment is made by the Estonian ENIC/NARIC.

When abroad, you must apply for an EU Blue Card at the Estonian embassy or consulate in your country of origin or residence.

An applicant who is in Estonia must submit application for temporary residence permit (blue card) with the Police and Border Guard Board.


Your salary must be at least 1.5 of the most recent annual average monthly wage in Estonia, this published by the Statistics Estonia. For 2023, Estonia set the minimum salary threshold at 30336 euro gross annually.

Important information for the applicant of the EU Blue Card Estonia.

Return to country index.

Secure connection TLS 1.2