EU Blue Card
European work- and residence permit intended for the educated, or professionally experienced non-EU citizen.
EU Blue Card Network
Secure platform that facilitates employers to connect with candidates, and a provider of electronic application submission functionality. Also referred to as BCN.
Person registered with EU Blue Card Network.
Organization based in an EU country that employs, or seeks to employ, a candidate from the EU Blue Card Network.
An electronic record securely stored with EU Blue Card Network, created and maintained by the candidate.
To sign-up, the candidate enters his email address as a login-ID and chooses a password in order to create a profile. The email must be valid in order for the profile to be accepted. Login ID and password are non-transferable; they may not be shared with any third party. It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to securely store this information to prevent misuse. The candidate’s profile remains active in the Network ad infinitum. Candidates can remove their profile from the network, at any time, by contacting support. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Protecting the privacy of candidates is a top priority; registration of employers is not an automated process, employer details are manually checked before access to candidate profiles is granted.
Employers that have registered with the EU Blue Card Network receive access to a search panel to find and recruit candidates.
Profiles may be shared within the employer’s organization, as long as the entity is located within the European Union.
No information about any candidate may leave the European Union.
Sharing candidate profiles with any third party entity - within the European Union - is acceptable only when identifiable information is removed from the communication, or in case the candidate has provided documented authorization.
Candidates may use the free electronic application submission functionality upon completion of their profile. Submission requires uploading of the employment contract, or binding employment offer. Profile data is electronically forwarded to the appropriate consulate, based on the country you currently reside and the destination country. If electronic forwarding is not possible, EU Blue Card Network provides the candidate with detailed guidance on how to proceed.
BCN is fully GDPR compliant. Data related to a candidate or employer is not made available, in any shape or form, to any third party. Your data is not available to search engines or other data aggregators - your profile will not show when you Google your name. EU Blue Card Network may send occasional notification to your email address. Any email notification contains a link to opt-out of future notifications. EU Blue Card Network keeps your password hashed, so we cannot send you your password. Credit card details are not stored on our servers. Information security policy is implemented according to ISO/IEC 27002.
Credential verification is a EU Blue Card Network specific action, designed to provide the potential employer a high level of certainly that the candidate meets the education and/or professional experience threshold for the EU Blue Card. This procedure costs 29 Euro.
To verify education you only have to fill-in the details on the eduction, we verify based on that information. No documents need to be submitted.
For professional experience verification it is important that a CV is linked to your profile. The CV must show that you worked for at least three years in the same profession. Past employers are not contacted. We may ask for a scanned copy of certain documents when verification is not possible based on the data we have.
Terms of delivery
EU Blue Card Network shall make a good-faith effort to provide a reliable, non-interrupted service. EU Blue Card Network has no involvement, and is not responsible, for any claim resulting from interaction between employer, candidate and immigration authority (or consulate). The liability for EU Blue Card Network, for all claims, shall be strictly limited to a refund of money, in case any premium services were ordered.
Disclaimer Statements for the EU Blue Card Network:
- Neither EU Blue Card Network, nor any associated party, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- EU Blue Card Network is an independent, non-government sanctioned organization.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running. However, EU Blue Card Network takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Candidates and Employers may not enter any information, or upload any documents, that are deemed illegal in the European Union, such as computer viruses or otherwise inappropriate content. BCN has the right to remove any profile at its own discretion.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- BCN is not responsible for any act by any entity, individual or organisation, that has created an account on our website.
- BCN reserves the right halt temporarily or permanently pay-outs to any ambassador on suspicion of fraudulent activity, or in case a payment provider discontinues its cooperation.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which EU Blue Card Network shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- EU Blue Card Network has the right to change pricing of any product or service without prior notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to EU Blue Card Network company. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. PDF is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Unauthorised use of the EU Blue Card Network or this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- These terms are governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the provision of services or products shall be settled by a court of law, located in the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Last update: January 3, 2020.